Notes, comments, and thoughts about the issue. Additional comments are
welcome. Last modified July 1, 1999
- Page 1 -I think these characters have appeared before, and I think the
dark-haired one is named Kimithin, but don't quote me on that.
- Page 3 - "Locumire wants the thief taken up to the
- Page 4 - Note the cave troll (Grindle) hiding on the lower-right of
the first panel (fairly obvious, but I thought I'd mention it anyway).
- Page 4 - "These passages... do something to you.".
Could this explain the differences between Grindle and the other trolls?
- Page 5 - Lost Legions?
- Page 5- Just how much does Katara remember from her past lives? Does
she remember anything about Heath, or since Heath's still alive is that
impossible, even though she's an earlier reincarnation?
- Page 5 - So this is the same troll that we saw in the TPB (or
the Cerebus preview).
- Page 6 - What clues Katara in to Grindle's presence?
- Page 6 - "I wasn't really going to hurt him. I wouldn't have
really." This rings a little false to me. He sure looked
like he was going to cut Rubel's throat...
- Page 7 - The stone structure looks suspiciously similar to the I Box
that Chead was imprisoned in.
- Page 8 - "I'll be a terror and people will fear and despise me,
I'm sure." How close to the truth is this statement? While the
initial impulse is to assume Katara's raising a troll army to take back the
crown, it also seems like there's a larger, trolls vs. people conflict here
- Page 8 - "It's having two of you about that's driven you mad!" This probably isn't true, as Katara's actions predate Heath's arrival by quite a bit.
- Page 8 - How long has Quinton been Katara's prisoner? How long has he been awake, and out from the influences of the Dreaming Tree?
- Page 9 - I assume Loe is the troll Katara met at the bridge.
- Page 11 - Quinton has a brother?! Who's that?! (UPDATE: It's Ramanious Kath, as about everyone except me guessed.)
- Page 14 - McGi!? Rubel's uncle?! By his mother or father? Sheesh!
- Page 16 - "When two artists become parents, it always ends up
with crazy children!" I assume Quinton is talking about Katara's
parents in her previous life, and not the King and Queen, right? Also,
possibly Soracia's parents?
- Page 19 - Is Namandrior Quinton's brother, maybe?
Joshua Stratton (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Katara's actions not being
due to Heath's presence.
Khari J. Sampson (email@example.com) - Quinton's brother's
Solomon Foster (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Soracia's parents being artists
Read a review of this issus
Back to Issue Information