Notes, comments, and thoughts about the issue. Additional comments are
welcome. Last modified February 8, 2000
- Page 1 - "Again your conceit!" Assuming I'm not
forgetting something Heath did, it sounds like its referring to Heath's
previous incarnations. Conceit certainly applies to Katara's current
activities -- is this a common thread for the Red Sorceress? Or is this
thing hitting on Heath's current mistake and trying to blow it out of
- Page 1 - "It's the Wind of Destiny!" How does Varkias know?
Most of the time he seems pretty clueless due to his short memory.
- Page 1 - Trisha's rug was in the store, right? (I don't have any prior
issues handy.) Did the apparition use it, and if so, was it destroyed?
- Page 1 - Was the spell book destroyed?
- Page 1 - In her initial appearance (the insert panel), the Wind has
a imp-type thing on her shoulder that doesn't seem to appear in the other
panels. Where did it go?
- Page 1 - The Wind of Destiny may be a safeguard (perhaps put in place by Quinton, Ringlet, her successor, or someone) to prevent the Red Sorceress from going bad by learning too much too fast. (Perhaps it may have attacked Katara--who really needs reining in--if not for the Sleeping Wood.)
- Page 1-4 - Why does the Wind pick Trisha Ringlet to look like?
- Page 3 - What language is Catastrophe speaking? (Where did we see her
- Page 3 - "Breathe Deeply. Remain aloof." Since Quinton's personality seems to be more emotional, and Locumire seems to be more cool, does this suggest a possible link between Catastrophe and Calypso?
- Page 5 - The two mice we saw at the end of #29 are Catastrophe's
familiars (or something similar). Were they also checking on Heath?
- Page 5 - The Eye of the Murome? Um... this doesn't look so good.
- Page 7 - Soracia's cloak is made from cuttings of Ramanious Kath's
shadow -- which is Jurid, right? That's why they look so much alike!
- Page 7 -- "...she had a mortal heart and thus some of Quinton's
touch..." Is this Quinton's knack for creativity? Maybe she
really *can* paint! Hmmm... Quinton isn't mortal, is he? So what does her
mortal heart have to do with it?
- Page 7 -- "...Lord Ramanious, shaking off the mantle of his
thousand year sleep..." So he was awake during the Millbrook
thread, and has been asleep since then.
- Page 7 - If Rubel had freed Chead, he would have ended up belonging to
- Page 7 - Is Rubel's Nove-blooding due to his uncle McGi?
- Page 8 - What elaborate magic was Soracia trying to cast when she was
- Page 10 - So, Locumire is mad at Kimithin, eh?
- Page 9-11 - Have they prepared all the guards to take out Soracia as
a matter of course, or is did they have reason to expect her (or her
spectre) to appear there at roughly this time? "She has delivered
herself to us sooner than I had thought she would." -- Locumire
was expecting it at some point.
- Page 12 - "This is the price you pay for being alone."
Who is Locumire with who is teaching her these tricks, which are new even
to Soracia? The obvious answer is Ramanious, but it seems odd for someone
so darn old to be coming up with new tricks, and he just barely woke up.
Could Locumire's girls actually do useful work?
- Page 15 - "I forgot just how I can be when that side first
reawakens fully!" Is she talking about the bit of her which is
Ramanious? In which case this might well connect with his waking -- which
may imply that his control over Oceansend is not his direct doing. Which
half of the Queen of Halves?
- Page 17 - Does cutting her shadow cloak actually hurt Soracia? The
end of the cloak seems to be bleeding a little in this and the next panel.
- Page 19 - Is that an eye box? Whose eyes are that, I wonder? Is
Soracia controlling what he sees, or even seeing it herself?
Sol Foster (firstname.lastname@example.org) - More than you'd think possible.
Eric McKee (email@example.com) - The Wind's resemblance to Trisha Ringlet, Rubel's Nove blood.
Khari J. Sampson (firstname.lastname@example.org) - The Wind of Destiny as a safeguard.
Back to Issue Information