Notes, comments, and thoughts about the issue. Additional comments are
welcome. Last modified October 22, 2000
- Inside Cover -- The title of the fourth trade collection is announced -- The Shadow Book.
- Page 2 -- Back doors, tunnel work, guns, get-well potions, airhoses, fire retardant jelly and mountain climbing gear? We've seen at least some of these already come up. I wonder if the rest will surface as well.
- Page 3 -- "I need a new apprentice -- my old one locked me up. She said I was self-centered and manipulative." There's certainly some truth to this statement. Quinton's ultimate heroism or villany will depend on to what degree they dominate his true personality.
- Page 7 -- Katara's planning on destroying the world? Hyeh? I'd be inclined to say Quinton's fibbing, but I can't figure out what else Katara might be up to that would make her want to keep Quinton imprisoned.
- Page 9 -- What's the design on the stone slabs that fall? The lower part is obviously an eye, but I can't figure out the upper part. A stylized tree/tree trunk?
- Page 11 -- Where did Soracia get the eyes from?
- Page 12 -- Will we ever see the stolen three hundred and thirty third book?
- Page 13 -- Is the butler a "real person," like the kings, or a creation of Cespinarve Rogue's dream?
Read a review of this issue
Back to Issue Information